Start your meal planning and your new amazing journey with this recipe and tips for how to pack healthy food for your workday!! I am so so excited and can’t wait to share more! Enjoy!!
Apple Pie and Maple Oatmeal with Turkey Bacon
I packet instant oatmeal
2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
3 packets Stevia all natural sweetener
1 tsp. ground flaxseed meal
1 slice of turkey bacon (low sodium), cooked
Apple pie spice to taste (however strong you want it)
1, Mix everything together in a bowl except for the bacon. Turn on the stove range to medium-high and whisk ingredients in the bowl together.
2. Put microwave safe ceramic/glass bowl into microwave. Heat on high for 2:45.
3. When done, stir the oatmeal. If not at desired consistency, put it in the microwave again for about 2:00.
4. Cut the turkey bacon into little pieces and add to the oatmeal.
5. Heat up together for 15 seconds.
6. Serve or place in a microwave safe glass container to take to work.
**Add a Greek yogurt or a bowl of fresh fruit for a full and complete breakfast.
Make your lunch a salad buffet:
– In individual containers, put lettuce (in the biggest Tupperware container of course), tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, chopped red peppers, carrots, raw broccoli, etc. Choose dark green lettuce such as romaine, kale, arugula, escarole or bibb.
– Add some variety with beets, radishes, ½ cup strawberries, peach slices, ¼ cup raisins, or ½ cup of blueberries!
– Then, add some protein. This is a must! Some ideas could be: cutting up leftover chicken from dinner, scrambling up some southwestern style egg beaters, getting sealed packets of tuna fish (they have a bunch of flavors now!), chopped turkey bacon, beans (kidney, white, chickpeas), or any other source of protein.
– Take all of the ingredients from each container and add it to the lettuce.
– Pick a healthy dressing. Salad dressings can have some crazy amounts of calories and fat (even trans fat). Look at the labels and use the serving size as a way to measure the amount calories you are adding to your salad. The dressing can ruin the whole point of having a healthy salad for lunch!
– Try using olive oil and vinegar, or just balsamic vinegar. Use low fat or fat free dressings. Use only the amount (usually 1-2 tbsp.) indicated by the serving size. Beware of sugar!! It might be fat free raspberry vinaigrette, but it could have as much sugar as candy!
– Now for the fun part: Put the lid on and shake, shake, shake!! Mix it all up, no tongs needed!
– Enjoy that delicious salad that you just made! It will look like you just went to a salad buffet! Eat slowly and enjoy it J Notice how good your body feels after 30 minutes when it is full of vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and delicious food!\
More paper bag lunch ideas will be added so stay tuned!
Now all you have to do is the circuit training workout I am going to post J You will LOVE it!! It has a little kick to it 😉