I absolutely LOVE quinoa, it’s delicious, nutritious, and you can pair it with pretty much anything! If you have never heard of it, look it up! Then go out and get some! 🙂 I created this recipe yesterday, had it today, and the verdict: delicious!! Enjoy!
– 1 package organic chicken, each piece cut in half (I’ll explain below)
– 1 packet Chipotle Pepper marinade mix plus water to mix
– 1 bag Green Giant Steamers- cauliflower, carrots, and snap peas
– 1 cup quinoa, cooked (only use about 1/3 of the quinoa per serving once it is cooked)
– low sodium chicken broth
1. Make Chipotle Pepper marinade as instructed on back of packet (I use 1/2 cup water and then a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil)
2. Cut chicken breasts in half, place in plastic bag, cover with marinade, and refrigerate for a half hour.
3. While chicken is marinating, cook quinoa. I use half water and half reduced sodium chicken broth to give it a little kick of flavor. Set aside.
4. Place Steamers veggies in microwave and cook. Carefully remove.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take chicken out of marinade bag, place on glass casserole dish, and cook for about 22-24 minutes (since the pieces are cut in half.)
6. When done, cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
7. Take quinoa, veggies, and cut-up chicken and mix together. Add the Grill Mates Smokehouse Maple seasoning on top. Serve!
Notes: The reason why I say cut the pieces of chicken breast in half before putting into the marinade is because the half is about one serving of protein. The whole piece is two! They say your portion size of meat, beef, pork, etc. should be about the same size as a deck of cards, kind of like this: